Pull Down Service
What is a “Dynamic Scaling Session”?
The Dynamic Scaling Session, offered at Lightning Chassis, uses a state of the art DRP DSS pull-down system to pull the car into it’s dynamic state. By using 4 hydraulic cylinders mounted to the Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, and the bottom of the rear end, we will have the ability to pull the car into any point of travel both in acceleration and deceleration. Our laser squaring system is used to record all measurements monitored throughout the pull-down process.
What to expect from a Dynamic Scaling Session
-Scaling a car dynamically allows us to pull the car at the attitude that it will be raced at. It will check your actual wheel loads on the track, or at different points on the track (if Data Acquisition numbers are available from track testing).
-It can measure the wheel load changes (traction) and rear steer changes when making bar angle, pullbar or liftbar length, angle, or spring changes.
-Bump stop, bump spring, and stacked spring engagement timing can be set.
-Rear bar angles and droop limiters set to achieve maximum traction.
-Proper front end/rear end alignment measurements. (Caster, Camber, Bump Steer, Ackerman, Pinion Angle, Rear End Location, Contact Patch Alignment, Wheel Base, Rear Steer, Lateral Rear End Movement, Axle Tube Straightness)
-Will show any issues relating to clearance or bind. (Body, Chassis, or Suspension)
-Test your very own setup ideas without leaving the shop. No tires to buy. No fuel to burn.
Preparing for a Dynamic Scaling Session
- Have your car cleaned outside and underneath.
- Have your car maintenanced and ready to go to the racetrack.
- Make sure that tires are aired up and are not leaking
- Fill out the drivers feedback form on how the car handles.
- Make sure that all ball joints and rod ends are straight and free of bind.
- We need accurate shock travel numbers from a smooth racetrack to get accurate info with the pulldown machine. It is best to take these readings each time you come off the track, to establish a pattern.
- We need accurate pullbar or liftbar travel readings (both directions) and damper shock travel readings.
If your chassis doesn’t race at ride height, then why would you measure it there? What you don’t measure, you can’t improve!
To set up your appointment call 606.878.7223